Information about passport of Reunion

Passports or ID cards are required for French citizens and people from the rest of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Andorra, Monaco and Switzerland. .
A visa is required for citizens of all other nations, except for nationals of South Africa, China and India that are now exempt from visas.

Others informations

  • Firearms must be declared on arrival.
  • There are restrictions on the importation of plants.
  • As rabies does not exist in Reunion, all animals must be vaccinated before being brought in.
  • Yachts can stay up to six months in one or several visits during a 12-month period, without paying duty, as long as the crew do not enter into employment ashore or charter the vessel. If the owner wants to leave Reunion by other means, the vessel has to be put in the custody of customs until the owner’s return. The ship’s papers must be left with customs. This period will be deducted from the time spent in Reunion Island.